A video that I put up on youtube. It explains chord shapes for children that will prevent them from having to stretch too far during the early stages of playing. Although there are lods of these three and four note shapes I have found that I only really feel comfortable teaching three of them (G Em and C). This is because that (hopefully) after a few weeks of study a teacher is obliged to teach the “full” shapes and students have to “unlearn” the “cheaters” versions? This can be confusing.
You can download some free stuff (chordsheets etc) from my site at teachwombat.com
- Modes On The Guitar: Print a Free dorian mode sheet
- Teaching Kids Guitar: Chord Shapes For Small Hands
- 20 seconds into this video they throw a cat at the guitar!
- My Guitar Teacher’s Website and Lady Gaga?
- Download Giant Chord Grids for Guitar Teachers (and students)
- I Don’t Have The Patience To Teach Guitar!
- Guitar Teachers Should Know How It FeelsTo Not Be Able To Play Guitar?
- What should a beginner learn first on guitar? Download the Chord Chart?
- Guitar Teaching Tricks and Tips (an overview)
- How do you get to be a guitar teacher then?